Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Miller anniversary

SCHUYLKILL – Dr. and Mrs. Charles F. Miller, 50 Diamond Rock Road, were honored for their 70th wedding anniversary at a celebration hosted by their children at the home of their son, Richard Miller.

The Millers are the parents of two sons, Thomas Miller of Mamaroneck, N.Y. and Richard Miller, husband of Betty, of Phoenixville.

Mrs. Miller is the former Mary Tenerani. She is a homemaker and was the chairman of the Phoenixville Hospital Thrift Shop for many years.

Her husband was a surgeon at Phoenixville Hospital and served as chief of surgery for several years, until his retirement in 1989. 

Charles (“Chuck”) was attending Norwich University and Mary was attending Green Mountain College in Vermont when they were introduced by friends. They were married in Proctor, Vermont on Sept. 2, 1943. After serving in the Army Air Force in World War II, Charles Miller received his medical degree from The University of Vermont in 1950.

During the time of military service and medical training, Dr. and Mrs. Miller lived in many locations throughout the United States and Europe.  They settled in Phoenixville in 1958 after Dr. Miller completed a medical residency at the newly-completed VA Hospital in Philadelphia while also working on weekends in the emergency room at Phoenixville Hospital.  He and his wife Mary love living in Phoenixville.  They enjoy traveling and continue to visit Vermont every summer.
The Millers have two granddaughters.


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home